Skip to main content

How self-development changed my life | My journey into the better world


Unlike my other blog posts that are about the tips and how-to's, this blog is going to be about me. I ventured to write this because I wanted to let people know that they are not alone in any of the pain that they are going through. This blog is going to be transparent and real. I am going to vent out what I have gone through and how I have overcome all life's tantrums.

My journey is common. I am one among y'all. Only because I am a coach and do mental health posts it does not mean that I was born strong with vibrant emotions. I have gone through a lot of emotional troubles at the very early stages of my life.

I did not know anything at that time. I badly wanted someone to love me and care for me. I see all my friends with their colorful life and cute partners living their best life ( At least I thought so). I was always a third wheel or someone who often went unnoticed. I gave it all to my friends just to be recognized. I just used to go behind people pleading to talk to me. Now, it actually seems stupid.

Friends I had, treated me as per their use. I was asked to behave as they wish. If they don't like a relationship, then I should not be in one. If I am in one, they immediately isolate me. Friendships were all fake. There were so many snakes ready to bite and chew my head off.

For me, it was all about love and care. But for some people who were with me. It was all about money. There was that one person whom I loved eternally. I was so out of my mind. Madly in a relationship. Wanting it to last forever even if it was hurting. I was being a puppet and did whatever he asked me to do. I believed him wholeheartedly. But, what he did to me is something that I can never erase from my memory. I have already forgiven him. I have no grudge on him now. But, you know the scar, it remains there like a reminder of how strong some situations have turned me. "That guy" bluffed to me about his entire life. He used me just for money. I was terribly broken (I can feel that pain even now while I am just writing this). I thought there is no way to end my pain except by ending my life (How stupid I have been!) I even tried once or maybe twice. Fortunately, I did not succeed in it. It took years to overcome it. Depression, Anxiety, Loss of trust in everything, migraine, and whatnot.

They say time heals. It is true. Time really healed my wound. Slowly, I started coming out of my own trap. I started enjoying my lone time. I started going out. Made some wonderful friends. And most importantly, I found my treasure - Reading. I started reading to just distract my thoughts. And turned to be an avid reader. One thing/ even a person that has been through all my life with me is my books.

Books, really helped me overcome my depression. But, you know life doesn't show you the fruits so easily. I got cheated over twice more. But this time the intensity of the pain was less. Whatever pain is pain. I again went into the cocoon of depression and insecurities. people also body-shamed me to add on to that pain I was carrying. They would call me "Fat and ugly", "You have to work out/eat less", "You look older for your age" and so on. I had all these crap piling up in my mind. And whoever I became close with turned out to be the one who never gave a fuck about me. I ended my deciding "Fuck, I am not worthy of anyone so I no need anyone".

Until then, I was only into fiction novels and books. But, one day I decided to read anything from a different genre and see if something helps. I searched for the popular self-help books and ended up buying "The Secret".

MY LIFE CHANGED! I found that book fascinating. I had a really open mind while reading it. There was so much in it that I had no clue on. I did not end up only reading it. I researched a lot, learned so many techniques - especially the law of attraction. Again, I bought a load of books on self-development. I did not just read I put everything into practice. And BOOM, it worked. Everything I tried worked. The most important things that helped me is
First: Law of attraction - the ability to get whatever you want by just tuning up into the universe, I wished for some really specific things and I got them, this boosted my ability to do what I want. I am not controlled by anyone but me.
Second: Gratitude - the ability to be content and happy with what you have. For the first time in my whole life, I was happy without any reason. I was just happy.
Third: Self-love - I wanted so much love so I started giving it to myself. I no longer cared about other's opinion nor did I wait to be recognized. I was overwhelming with love. This was also the first time in my life where I felt the purity of real love.
Fourth: Optimism - Problems were no longer problems for me. They were an object that leads to me to a great solution. I changed my perspective and the world around me adjusted accordingly.

From then on, I have been a personal development junkie. I have read books, took courses, became a coach, learning psychology to just help people overcome what they are going through and become the best version of themselves. We all are capable of wonders. We are the ones that put on a threshold and limit our own capabilities. I wanted to make people realize that they are a lot more than they think they are.

When I was going through pain, I did not have anyone to cry to/talk to. I would go to my terrace at night and sit in a corner and cry. I don't want any of y'all to undergo that pain alone. I wanted to reassure people that I am here always rooting for them to help with their problems. To help to elevate their life. I want to be there for others, making an impact all the way along with my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 Steps to follow for setting a goal right

Do you know what you want in 5 years of time? Do you know where you will be in the next 10 years? You just can't tell you will be a millionaire within the next five years while having no concrete plan. The daily habits you build and the goals you achieve today will count to your success in the next 5 to 10 years. To achieve any form of success, you need goal setting. An effectively organized goal will take you where you want to go. Without a goal, you will not have focus and direction in your life. To accomplish your goals, however, you need to know how to set them. You can't simply say, "I want" and expect it to happen. Goal setting is a process that starts with careful consideration of what you want to achieve and ends with a lot of hard work to actually do it. In between, there are some very well-defined steps that transcend the specifics of each goal. Knowing these steps will allow you to formulate goals that you can accomplish. 1. Your goal...

5 tips to stay focused

In this modern world of technology, there are a thousand things that can shift our focus. Social media and news are always keeping us distracted. We cannot complete any task completely if our focus is not on it. When our thoughts go on roller coaster ride every minute, the task we are doing slides down from our focus and becomes a stressor. Fortunately, there are ways that help you get less distracted and more focused. 1. Organization improves focus       Learn to be organized in whatever you do. An environmental organization is a must if you need to focus on your task solely. Eliminate all the things that do not matter to your task from the table. Only keep the notes or documents you need on your desk. Always keep the needful things with you before starting any tasks. Avoid wandering about and searching for something that you need between the tasks.       Always prepare a to-do list at the beginning of the day. Choose what you ar...

Why pursuit of happyness is a must watch movie ? - Written by Rithika

 PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS  "Pursuit of Happiness" a must watch movie. This story reflects in every individual's life. We watch random junk movies when we feel bored or when we find time in our daily calendar. All of a sudden, we just watch and forget. But, when it comes to " Pursuit of Happiness" it's something unique. It sticks in the minds of every individual. Yes, it might be for many other reasons. This is a kind of story which fascinates us long enough and gives us some eliciting ripples of indications and reflection. It teaches us some lessons and beyond. The title itself interprets the true meaning of the story.            Of course, each of us who watched this picture, have wished to feel like the characters in the movie, as it is so relieving to see how it works for them. But, it is a story which makes us feel that way. This is a truly emotional story which brings out the pain and hardship to build a life for h...